Saturday, November 15, 2008

Column Header Tooltip (mouse over) in OBIEE

You can set Tooltip/mouse over functionality over column header of the table. you can add HTML tag within column header. steps are -
1. Go to column format and check custom heading
2. add html tag like {b title="My Tooltip"}My Column Header{/b}
3. Go to instanceconfig.xml
4. Edit it and add tag - {HardenXSS}false {/HardenXSS}
//change { with less than and } with greater than sign
5. Restart the services.


Regards,
Devendra Chhajlani

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried your tips and it didn't work for me. I entered {b title="My Tooltip"}Logon{/b}in Customer Heading field, modified teh instanceconfig, but what I got for the column heading is what I entered, mouse over function didn't appear. Please let me know what step I missed.
Thanks

Anonymous said...

I had the same result.

Anonymous said...

So simple Mr. anonymous, replace { with "<"

Harsh K said...

Is there a limitation on the length of the text which we can enter in the Tooltip?

Anonymous said...

the code is not working ,where do we give the html code in obiee

Anonymous said...

This work for me, obviusly i replace { with < and } with >